08 August, 2016

Short on concentration

I'm struggling a bit to concentrate here today.

Maybe it's the weather. It's humid and hot (currently 32C and  52% humidity according to my phone app), but not as hot and humid as on Saturday, which made it to 35. But on Saturday we used air conditioning. Today we're putting up with the heat and going with the cheaper option of fans. We also have a typhoon passing by Japan out in the Pacific. No rain here, but we have cloud and a light gusting wind which always makes me jittery. 


I feel a little like this water today.
We've also got a touch of cabin fever: various members are sick of hanging out together for weeks at a time. Familiarity really does breed contempt. Thankfully we're going to have dinner and an evening with another local family. But school doesn't start for another 17 days...it's going to be a rough couple of weeks.

It could be that the Olympics are running in the lounge room (replays) and it's very tempting to go in and hang out there. 

Or it could be that there are loud sounds of laughing coming from a party at a nearby house. They sound like they're swimming except we know there is no pool there. David says they have a wading pool that the adults are playing about in. 

Or it could be a combination of all of the above?

I've downloaded new software this afternoon. It's designing software. I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time now. It's both exciting and scary at the same time. To get traction with it I need to be a bit more "together" mentally. I've run out of time today, we're leaving in half an hour for our evening out. So I'm eyeing off a visit to our local coffee shop again tomorrow morning. Air conditioned, less distractions, and more focus, not to mention coffee. Coffee might make me more jittery, though, I've not been drinking much recently. Hmmm.


No comments: