27 August, 2016

Overloaded bike now normal

I reposted this post about shopping on a bike from 2010. It caught my eye this morning on FB's "On The Day" today because I said my bike was overloaded at the time, but these days my bike usually looks as the photo appears in the post. Sometimes parenting is like the proverbial frog in the water that's boiling. You simply don't notice the changes because they happen so gradually. 

With a 11 ½ year old, nearly 14 y.o. and 17 ½ y.o., we're rapidly heading towards maximum family eating capacity. Once we manage to get our eldest to leave home, then it will be downhill again. The next 1 ½ to 2 ½ years will be huge, food-wise! But I'm not complaining. Cooking for them is one aspect of being a mum that I happen to love.

Here's another post about a hunt on our bikes for lasagne sheets. It shows just how conveniently located we are: at least a dozen grocery stores within easy riding distance (under 2.5km with almost no hills).

No comments: