20 February, 2016

Sources of free photos

I just downloaded this from https://stocksnap.io. It will be me
tomorrow as I catch trains across Tokyo and then fly
to Bangkok. (But my suitcase isn't red!)
Most people know that you can't just download photos off the internet and use them for your own use. Unless they are stated as free-for-use, it is stealing.

This becomes an even bigger issue when you're trying to put a magazine together on a tight budget and without a photographer on-staff. You need good quality photos that you don't necessarily get from the authors of articles.

One of our designers found this post which gives links to websites with free stock photos. Very useful! I used a beautiful one for our Christmas card. Other uses include websites, blogs, slide presentations, backgrounds for songs for worship on Sunday etc.

No comments: