18 March, 2015

How do you do?

I'm have a stack of ideas . . . and none. I guess probably a little on edge because we're working tonight—we're speaking for a couple of hours. A bit of logistical juggling too, because we're leaving the boys here with a friend and I need to take care of dinner . . . that always makes me a bit tense.
On the coast near Yeppoon before Christmas with
my darling. We're still teenagers: we've only been
married 17 years.


Anyway, here's something I saw on Sarah's blog a few weeks ago that I thought might be interesting to put out there. I'd love to see your answers too.

1.  Were you named after anyone?
No.

2.  When was the last time you cried?
While watching a youtube video this morning, does that count? Crying about something in my own life it would be March 1, when a new friend asked about how we cope with all the goodbyes.

3.  Do you like your handwriting?
No. I was once told during a student prac. placement that my handwriting was "childish". :-(

4.  What is your favourite lunch meat?
I don't think I have one. There aren't many options in Japan. Ham or ham...

5.  Do you have kids?
Yes, three, all boys.

6.  If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Probably. I like being friends with people.

7.  Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Depends where I live. I use it more in Australia. I'm not even sure if Japanese people use sarcasm.

8.  Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes.

9.  Would you bungee jump.
Ah, no.

10.  What is your favourite cereal?
Homemade unbaked muesli (US=granola). I've made my own muesli since I left uni. I eat it with fruit (usually peach or banana slices) and yoghurt.

11.  Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Again depends on the country. Generally no in Japan and yes in Australia.

12.  Do you think you are strong?
Physically I know I'm not. Having a wrestler in the house will do that for you!
Spiritually I know that God is my strength. Without him, I can't imagine living life.

13.  What is your favourite icecream?
That's hard. Probably anything with cheesecake flavour (spoiled by Baskin and Robins).

14.  What is the first thing you notice about people?
Another hard one. Recently I've been looking at earrings. But generally speaking, I'd say an overall impression. I often come away from talking with someone with no idea of what they were wearing.

15.  Red or pink?
Red.

16.  What is the thing you least like about yourself?
My tummy.

17.  Who do you miss the most?
I try to enjoy who I have in my life at the moment, otherwise life would be too sad because I live away from a lot of people I love. Having lived in Japan 12 of the last 14 years I've developed strong ties there as well as in Australia. So now it doesn't matter where I live, I miss people.

18.  What colour pants and shoes are you wearing?
Navy tracksuit pants and bare feet.

19.  What was the last thing you ate?
Turkish delight.

20.  What are you listening to right now?
Birds singing outside.

21.  If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Green, or purple.

22.  Favourite smells?
Eucalyptus and onion cooking.

23.  Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
I talked to my middle son yesterday afternoon. He phoned to tell us he'd be home late because he had an inter school futsal match. That was rare communication from him, I was chuffed.

24.  Favourite sports to watch?
Cricket. I also love watching my son wrestle.

25.  Hair colour?
Brown.

26.  Eye colour?
Green/hazel.

27.  Do you wear contacts?
No, although I have in the past (for sport and my wedding).

28.  Favourite food (not dessert)?
Another toughie. Roast chicken?

29.  Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings.

30.  Last movie you watched?
Um....Paper Planes?

31.  What colour shirt are you wearing?
Green

32.  Summer or winter?
I hate questions like this. Seasons are so different in different places. Generally I prefer stable temps in the 20s (Celsius), whatever that may be called where you are.

33.  Hugs or kisses?
Hugs.

34.  Favourite dessert?
Cheesecake.

35.  What book are you reading now?
Several, as per usual. Two are about writing or design. My wind-down to sleep is currently Montebello by Robert Drewe, an unusual Australian memoir. Oh, and the Bible, as usual.

36.  What is on your mouse pad?
I have a MacBook, no mouse pad -- a touch pad.

37.  What did you watch on TV last night?
I caught the latter half of a NCIS episode.

38.  Favourite sound?
Rainforest sounds.

39.  Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Before my time! Beatles.

40.  What is the furthered you've been from home?
Northernmost tip of Japan.

41.  Do you have a special talent?
Um, I'm a bit of a jack-of-many-trades. Probably my favourite thing to do is communicate.

42.  Where were you born?
Toowoomba

Not so many of my friends are blogging anymore, it seems. But I'd love to see your answers to these. Perhaps in comments below?


6 comments:

Sarah said...

1. Were you named after anyone?
Technically no. But my parents wanted to use my name for my older sister, but my uncle had a dog by the name at that stage. By the time I was born, the dog had passed away, so they got to use the name for me instead!

2. When was the last time you cried?
I honestly can't remember. I know I probably have recently but can't think when or why.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
I have my 'good handwriting' and my 'normal handwriting'. Both have their place and I like them equally, it's just the good one takes more effort.

4. What is your favourite lunch meat?
I'm not a big fan of meat at lunch time. Chicken would be my go to though.

5. Do you have kids?
One boy and one girl (and I'm tired of being told how amazing it is to have a pigeon pair)

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Maybe. I'm not the most awesome person at making friends, so I don't know if I'd notice me if I was someone else or not.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
*never* :P

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes.

9. Would you bungee jump.
Not unless it was to earn a lot of money. Then I might consider it.

10. What is your favourite cereal?
Homemade baked muesli here :)

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I don't often wear shoes with laces.

12. Do you think you are strong?
Depends on the amount of sleep I had last night and how tightly the manufacturer screwed the lid on the jar.
I agree with you though, I know I would fall apart if it wasn't for God being my strength.

13. What is your favourite icecream?
Choc peppermint, any berry flavour or triple swirl. It depends on the dat

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their stories and attitudes.
(I'm with you about not having any idea of what people were wearing!)

15. Red or pink?
Red.

16. What is the thing you least like about yourself?
My lack of energy to complete already started tasks (like the tidying that I should be finishing off at the moment...)

17. Who do you miss the most?
I wish I could have met my mum's mum. I'm not sure if that counts though. Glad to know that I'll meet her in heaven one day.

18. What colour pants and shoes are you wearing?
Jeans and bear feet.

19. What was the last thing you ate?
Chocolate

20. What are you listening to right now?
The sounds of having two kids napping.

21. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Purple

22. Favourite smells?
New books, dinner cooking, cut grass, rain

23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Probably a telemarketer

24. Favourite sports to watch?
The State of Origin. The only sport that gets watched in this house (and I had to teach my husband to watch even that!)

25. Hair colour?
Brown.

26. Eye colour?
One green, one brown.

27. Do you wear contacts?
No.

28. Favourite food (not dessert)?
Anything someone else prepared for me. If it's my own cooking, tuna casserole is my favourite 'comfort food'.

29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings.

30. Last movie you watched?
Can't remember that either, we borrowed a DVD in November, but no idea what it was now. The last one at the cinema would have been the first Hobbit movie.

31. What colour shirt are you wearing?
White

32. Summer or winter?
Spring and Autumn :)

33. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs.

34. Favourite dessert?
Lemon self saucing pudding.

35. What book are you reading now?
The resolution for women (From the makers of the movie "Courageous") and the Bible

36. What is on your mouse pad?
Ichill.

37. What did you watch on TV last night?


38. Favourite sound?
The garage door opening (hubby is home!)
Rain on a tin roof
Kids saying, "I love you"

39. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Too young to answer that!

40. What is the furthered you've been from home?
Uganda

41. Do you have a special talent?
Singing and crafting

42. Where were you born?
Gympie

Georgia said...

1. Yes, my father and his mother (George and Ellen).
2. Probably during music/worship at church.
3. No, it gets worse all the time.
4. Do veggie burgers count?
5. No
6. Maybe, I get more personable with age!
7. Mostly.
8. No
9. Not my idea of a good time.
10. Cheerios
11. Yes, it makes it easier the next time I put them on.
12. In comparison to many my age, I am relatively strong, but mostly no.
13. Rocky Road
14. Probably gender
15. Both, and sometimes together.
16. At the moment I'm least satisfied with my procrastination.
17. A hard one. Maybe my Japanese quilting teacher.
18. Tan and white print and white socks.
19. Jelly Beans
20.BBC Radio 4 Extra
21.Mauve
22. Lavender, citrus
23. Jan at the car repair shop.
24. Sumo
25. Brown
26. Hazel
27. No
28. Chicken or turkey
29. Happy endings
30. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
31. Orange
32. I'm with Wendy, but really with Sarah.
33. Hugs
34. Most of them. Anything chocolate.
35. The Cereal Murders
36. Optical mouse, no need for pad.
37. I don't generally watch TV.
38. Rain on the roof.
39. Beatles
40. Hard to say as I've flown clear around. Possibly Isreal and Jordan.
41. I have recently discovered that not everyone has color memory, I can also visualize how to cut cloth so that it makes a certain shape when sewn.
42. Pittsburgh

Judie Strachan said...

1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes, family tradition. My Mum, May
2. When was the last time you cried?
I don't remember. I sniffled at something on Youtube yesterday, but no idea what it was.
Probably something in the Doctor Who Christmas special last year. Or an episode I've watched since.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes! It's tiny but neat (mostly).
4. What is your favourite lunch meat?
I really like lemon pepper flavoured tuna on a sandwich. Or chicken
5. Do you have kids?
One girl (two granddaughters)
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Almost certainly. I'd see the Doctor Who T-shirt & bowl right up. Instant BFF.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
A lot? No. On occasion, yes.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes. A doctor once told me they'd grown back, but I haven't had them out. So he said they've shrunk.
9. Would you bungee jump.
No. I wish I had the courage, but no, I don't think so.
10. What is your favourite cereal?
Rolled oats porridge (Oatmeal). With milk (or cream) & brown sugar.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
If they're lace-ups. I only have the one pair & I tie them quite tight, so I have to.
12. Do you think you are strong?
What I lack in strength I make up in ingenuity.
My only strength is God's. When I let Him.
13. What is your favourite icecream?
Home Ice Cream's choc chip. I love the flaky pieces of chocolate. I'm not sure it's as good as it used to be, though.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Dunno. Hair, I think. Or noses. I do notice noses sooner or later, because I didn't like mine growing up.
15. Red or pink?
Red. (I hate pink less than I used to, but still don't like it!)
16. What is the thing you least like about yourself?
My weight? My laziness (Which explains my weight)
17. Who do you miss the most?
Mum.
18. What colour pants and shoes are you wearing?
Blue shorts (v faded), white lace-ups.
19. What was the last thing you ate?
Dinner? mince & veggies on toast. (Don't ask in half an hour, it may well be something chocolatey by then)
20. What are you listening to right now?
Fish tank filter
21. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Tardis Blue
22. Favourite smells?
Deep red roses. Garlic bread.
23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Jeanna
24. Favourite sports to watch?
Hmmm. Cricket, maybe
25. Hair colour?
Brown. With quite a bit of grey.
26. Eye colour?
Blue or grey, depends on mood
27. Do you wear contacts?
No
28. Favourite food (not dessert)?
Steak. Roast pork w roast veggies. Lasagne, especially mine.
29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings
30. Last movie you watched?
Probably "Frozen". Although Chris was watching some "Fast & Furious" movie on TV tonight & I couldn't help seeing some.
31. What colour shirt are you wearing?
Purple, for a change. It's a Cancer Relay for Life shirt from years ago.
32. Summer or winter?
Spring and Autumn. I hate temperature extremes.
33. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs
34. Favourite dessert?
Probably Ice cream. Although I love so many!
35. What book are you reading now?
Not. Just finished "Let's Roll" by Lisa Beamer (about her husband Todd who was on United 93 on 9/11)
36. What is on your mouse pad?
No mouse pad, I have a notebook
37. What did you watch on TV last night?
No idea, ask Chris. Snippets of whatever he was watching.
38. Favourite sound?
None. Quiet. Silence.
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Beatles
40. What is the furthest you've been from home?
Probably Scotland, 1976.
41. Do you have a special talent?
Writing. I hope to place well in a One-Act play writing competition this year.
42. Where were you born?
Brisbane women's hospital. My parents were living in Biloela.

Wendy said...

Great to hear from you ladies. Oh yes, you've reminded me about rain on the roof. Definitely should have added that, along with the smell of rain on a hot day.

Sarah said...

Nice to get to know you better, too. :)

Wendy said...

I have to admit, Sarah, that it took me a while to figure out which Sarah you were. The penny dropped last night, though when I reread your answers and it was No. 40 that solved it for me.