02 January, 2015

New's Year's Day is just another day

Yesterday we drove back home, after 16 days of visiting family. I asked the guys what music they'd like to listen to on our journey (having just had more than a month of Christmas music), David said, "New Year's Day" (listen to it at the below link).



I love this album, it was part of God leading me, back in 2007, to pursue writing and see where it led me (specifically the song "Seize the Day"). Here are the lyrics:
I buy a lot of diaries, fill them full of good intentions
Each and every new years eve, I make myself a list
All the things I'm gonna change, until Janurary Second
So this time I'm making one promise
Yeah, This will be my resolution, Every day is new years day
Oh, this will be my resolution, Every day is new years, day.
Well I believe it's possible, I believe in new beginnings
I believe in Christmas Day, and Easter Morning too
On the list it's doable, cuz I believe in second chances
Just the way that I, believe in you
Yeah, this will be my resolution, Every day is new years day
Oh, this could start a, revolution, every day is one more chance to start all
over
One more chance to change and grow-oh,one more chance to grab a hold of, grace
and never let it go
This will be my resolution, every day is new years day, oh, this could start a
revolution, every day is--this will be my resolution, every day is new years
day,whoa this could start a revolution, every day is--Every day is--this will
be my resolution, every day is new years day, Oh this could start a
revolution, every day is New,Years,Day. Hey hey--New years day.

More lyrics http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/carolyn_arends/new_years_day-lyrics-907883.html#ixzz3NdlO3UXg
Yeah, I reckon the song's still a good one! 

We did have a low-key New Year's Eve celebration (with friends from uni days), but no dramatic resolutions were made by me. Every day's a new day, nothing magical about midnight on the 31st of December. Yes, I know I'm countercultural, no surprise there!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love those lyrics. Morning by morning new mercies I see. :)