09 May, 2014

Difficult decision

These words from another missionary are echoing through my head, "God provided exactly what we were looking for in a house, even down to the colours."

But what happens when He doesn't? What if you have some things you really would like or know that they would make the year at home go smoother and you have to decide if you
Our house for the last four years
(cream coloured). While not perfect,
it's worked out okay. We don't doubt
God's supply for us, He always has.
will forgo them?


We have some definite ideas on what type of house we'd like to live in from July and exactly where that would be. And just in case you're thinking we're being unrealistic, we know for a fact that there are houses available in that area at the right price with all that we're looking for. 

But, we've been offered another house. A house that far exceeds our expectations in some ways, but in other important ways fails.

What to do? How tightly do I cling to our ideas of what the right house would be? How fussy can I allow myself to be? Is this me just struggling with a middle-class problem?

Thankfully my husband also has mixed feelings about this, he's not just trampling all over our pre-thoughtout ideas. It was a delight to lay it all out before the Lord this morning as we prayed together, asking what He wants us to do.

And so we wait for God's reply.
Philippians 4:7 NIV
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a delight to read Wendy! I struggle with the direction of my life and decisions, it seems at least daily and to know I am not alone in my indecision is sooo reassuring. Thank you and God bless you.