11 May, 2014

Chocolate ice-cream at last

I've been experimenting with my new icecream and 
frozen yoghurt maker. I made vanilla frozen yoghurt that David and I both enjoyed. Some friends I shared it with also enjoyed it.

But I've particularly been searching for something we can all appreciate. Our middle son pretty much only eats chocolate ice-cream. Or vanilla with chocolate sauce. He's not big on sweet things, much more of a savoury person.

It looks like I've found one recipe for chocolate ice-cream that works. I made it yesterday and it took a long time to become firm enough. I had it in the machine for about an hour, but it still was just like melted ice-cream. So I put it in the freezer for 24 hrs. 

Tonight I pulled it out and it was too hard to serve, but by the time we'd eaten our main course it was too soft again. Oh well, I guess we'll figure it all out in time.


But the reviews from the diners, the most important thing, was raving approval. I believe I heard, 
"Better than bought ice-cream!"
I'm going to keep experimenting in this new area of food creation! Very fun and tasty, although definitely needing to be rationed as it's not so good for the waistline.

No comments: