26 April, 2014

Soooo tired....

Friday, with various things for sale and senior students doing various
projects for their "comprehensive" assessment.
Another Thrift Shop is over. The headmaster of the school described it as like a garage sale crossed with a block party on steroids (not quite his exact words, but close enough). It is an enormous event. 

My husband waiting for a sponge to be
thrown at him.
Today I worked from 8.30 till five with two breaks of about 20-30 minutes: working one of the eight registers for four hours, then cleaning up and turning it back into a functional gym. I'm really tired and I'm not the only one. An event like this takes hundreds of volunteer hours. It's such a great way to get to know other parents and staff, as we serve together. 
Early Saturday morning when the doors had just opened.
I'm working on collecting some photos of our treasures gleaned, but that will keep till tomorrow (after I've made a birthday cake). Today I bring you just a few photos from the last few days at Thruft Shop itself. Mostly pretty bad photos, I've really been more focused on serving than photo taking. 


2 comments:

Deb said...

I can't wait for the 'treasures' post. I thrift-shop shop vicariously through your posts. ;)

Wendy said...

It's up there Deb. Enjoy :D