23 September, 2013

Beautiful Japan's hidden tragedy

This morning, via a reliable source on Facebook, I've discovered that someone threw themselves in front of an express train at our local station yesterday. Unspeakably sad.

If you can, take a look at this post I put up in April, it has a link to a very moving video about an Irishman who's "declared war" on suicide in Japan. It's 50 minutes long, but excellent. My post has a summary of the main points of the video if the video is too long for you.

Please pray for this nation. Around 30,000 people commit suicide every year.


Here are some other times I've mentioned suicide in Japan on this blog:

2 comments:

Todd Fong said...

Do you know Mark and Jennifer Bello? They were called to Japan to help deal with this problem as well. Their kids attend your husband's school as well.

We need to continue to fight this problem through vigorous prayer and showing the Japanese people that there is hope in Jesus Christ.

Wendy said...

Yes I do, Todd. I pray regularly with Jennifer at school prayer meetings. We do need to fight with prayer. Thanks for continuing to hold the Japanese people up to the Lord in prayer.