31 October, 2012

2 1/2 days

This is another unusual week, a short week for the boys. They've had only 2 1/2 days of school and the rest of the week is parent-teacher interviews, so the students aren't on campus most of the time. They'll probably join us for our interviews on Friday morning. My husband is a bit frustrated with his next 2 1/2 days. He doesn't mind talking with parents, but he's ended up with an on and off-again timetable. You can't do much with 7 or 20 minutes spare! Perhaps some marking, but other than that it is pretty destructive to productivity.

Thankfully all three boys seem to be in good moods. I hope they remain that way for the majority of the week. So hopefully I won't be too frustrated with my 2 1/2 days.

I'm in a better mood today too. After my post yesterday and a "yell" to some good friends and a colleague about our struggles, I've been feeling more positive and motivated — more my normal self. While I do get excited, I usually don't get great dips in mood, "fairly steady" would be a good way to describe me.

God graciously not only encouraged me with his word yesterday, but bolstered me with some great conversations and messages from friends.

So, the rest of the week? This is the week that I have articles due for our next magazine issue, so they are trickling in. But I'm not sure I'll get much done between now and Monday. It is actually pretty difficult to think about articles when the boys are around and by the time evening comes I'm pretty done in for the day (yes, that's right, I'm not really an evening person). Unless it is a short and pretty straightforward article, it takes a good deal of effort for me to really read and edit an article. Not just read, but question: how can this be made better?

Just in case you're wondering — my boys do like a good
word game!
I'm going to try to spend some one-on-one time with the two younger boys too. Maybe playing Scrabble or something with them. It is something that we're not really good at in our house (except for the nightly one-on-one Bible time with them in the evening). I don't know how people with more than three kids do it! It seems to take most of our energy just to get through the days and nights, let alone organise special one-on-one times.

1 comment:

Evangeline said...

I hear you. I call it the Evening Flume. By the time the kids get home, eat supper, do homework, practice music, take a bath/shower and go to bed, I'm done in, too. Hope you have a good, long weekend.