23 September, 2012

Rolf Harris Part 1

At the moment I'm enjoying an autobiography of this famous Australian. I'll write about it when I'm finished it, but in the meantime, I thought I'd show you some Youtube clips of this entertainer:


This next song he did in Japan during the 1970 Osaka World Expo. I've just read about it in his book. Unfortunately the Japanese didn't understand the humour and just sighed sympathetically throughout the song.

I also remember this song as one that a young man (about 10 years older than I) used to do as his contribution to any church concerts that were held. It was always quite funny!


This one is very moving:


And here is a version of "Tie me kangaroo down sport" that he did with the Beatles.


Stay tuned for my post about the book itself.

1 comment:

Mrs Q said...

I have memories of Rolf doing 'Jack the Peg' from when I was very young. I just showed my youngest and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.