13 September, 2012

I'm a bear of little brain

I might adopt this as my editing motto:
For I am a bear of very little brain and long words bother me. ~ Winnie the Pooh
Long sentences bother me too. And so do a whole lot of other things.

Editing is making me a bit picky. I love it when I pick up a book these days that doesn't trip me up with bad writing but carries me away on the story. If the writing is bad I'm just as likely to put it down.

I need someone else who is a bit picky to join me in editing Japan Harvest. It's a complicated story, but we've peeled a small part off the role of the Executive Editor and need someone to fill the position of Associate Editor. We also need a News Editor and Advertising Director.

I'm praying . . . and racking my brain to see if I can think of people to ask. Can you pray too?

No comments: