27 February, 2012

Relief

He's home. David's back safe and sound, despite some hairy rides in Shanghai taxis. Relief. I'm no longer the only one responsible for everything around here. Responsibility is so exhausting!

It's been a big weekend, only because I was an "only one". But then today I joined with some colleagues on a day trip. I'll fill you in on it tomorrow, it is too big a topic to waste on a tired brain.

In order to get there I had to leave home at 7.45, before the boys could leave for school (they can only be on campus from 8am, and we only live 5 minutes from school). Thankfully one of the colleagues I was travelling with volunteered the services of her Grade 9 son to stay with the boys until they could leave for school. It made it so much easier to get them ready — they viewed this almost as a play date, and were therefore almost totally ready for school by the time I left. But so I didn't have to get up at 5am, I made lunches last night, and did some of the washing and hung it out last night (on the hangers which hung in our bathroom until I got up this morning).

We travelled for about an hour and a half to get there, most of that standing. Then we walked around much of the day and I caught the train (actually four trains) home again on my own(!!!). I'm tired! Too tired to tell you much else about the day. But here's a couple of photos for your enjoyment, and I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about the reasons for our day trip.

Entrance to the temple we visited.
Early sign that spring is coming: the plum blossoms are beginning to bloom.
My traveling companions.
Yep, I was there!
I think I rode eight trains and one bus today.

No comments: