04 November, 2011

Juggling

I'm juggling a bit today. Parent-teacher conferences these last two days (which means student-free days, but no teacher-husband-dad at home). This morning I went in and did the rounds of the teachers. Great encouragements! 

I had promised the boys I'd do some baking with them this afternoon. Then our youngest has a piano lesson at 3, only at school, so it isn't a huge hassle, but it's there. 

On top of all this action I am supposed to be co-writing an article for the magazine I edit. It was due on Tuesday (but I'm an editor, so I have some leeway). However it is essentially my co-writer's story and she is in the midst of intense mission leadership meetings in the UK. Thankfully she's great with email, but finding time to edit the article is hard. Yesterday I struggled to it at 9.30pm, which is getting to be my Cinderella hour, not a good time for editing, that's for sure! So I'm struggling to find good writing/editing time. On times when the boys are home my free times don't always coincide well with good writing/editing time.  And it isn't going to get much better till next Tuesday when they all go back to school. Arggghhh.

In the midst of all that I probably should be spending much time writing here! But I did want to share with you a blogging friend's short post quoting from a book called "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. Take the time to read the comments after it (only three). It was shocking to read Helen's words, even though it was what I suspected.

No comments: