15 October, 2011

One Japanese treat I love

I had one of these for lunch. Yum!! They are called "Nikuman" (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, you Japanese speakers out there). They are also pretty seasonal, we mostly only see them during the cooler months, so it is with delight that I see them back in the shops and convenience stores. Steamed bread rolls with delicious meat-vegetable filling. And pretty cheap too. I think today's cost under AU$1.


Often Japanese ask us what Japanese food we like. Our list of what we like here continues to grow. It is great to have special food that we can only get here. Just like when we are in Australia we enjoy food we can only get there (like sausage rolls and meat pies and many other things). Having things we like in both cultures helps us to be happy where we are, rather than always yearning for things that we like, but cannot eat whenever we feel like it.

2 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

They look interesting. I'm feeling inquisitive. Do you buy them frozen and heat them up, or buy them hot, or ???

Wendy said...

Probably "all of the above". Today we bought them hot from a convenience store, but I often buy them cold (not frozen, though that is possible too, I guess) and heat them up myself.