11 October, 2011

More disaster

2011 in my life:
  • flooding in our home state in January 
  • a cyclone in our home state in February
  • earthquake/tsunami/radiation disaster in Japan in March
  • senior at CAJ died in a traffic accident in June
  • CAJ staff member's son died of natural causes in July
This is a lot, at least compared to my previously fairly disaster-free quiet life.

Now there is flooding in Thailand. Never been there, but OMF has lots of missionaries there and we have good friends there. One of my friends here in Tokyo is from Bangkok. 

Due to a bit of an overload of disaster I've been trying not to look at the images, but several of my colleagues recommended this video. It is by a missionary who's had to evacuate with his family from their home which is at least partly submerged.

So much pain. Again we can only hope and pray that many Thai will seek eternal security in the Lord, for surely recovery from thousands and thousands of rice field's being submerged and more than a thousand factories will be tough going. Never mind the hundreds who have already died.

And I haven't even mentioned the flooding in the Philippines, where we also have friends. And the 18th typhoon of their season which is about to dump more rain on them!

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Cambodia's not much better than Thailand with the floods at the moment. Fortunately for me, I'm not personally affected, but so many are doing it tough. The Tonle Sap and Mekong are way too high, and there's still more rainy season to come. We keep praying here too!