13 September, 2011

Three boys encounter a baby

A friend at church had a baby five weeks ago. On Sunday, while sitting outside in the sunshine with her baby, she encountered our three boys. This is the conversation that ensued (written by our friend):

Oldest: That's a cute baby. Anything miniature is cute.
Me: Thank you.
Youngest: His eyes are like this! *squints hard*
Me: Yes, it's bright outside.
Middle: Is he still drinking blood?
*All of us look at him in surprise*
Middle: I mean! I mean, um...
Me: Milk?
Middle: Yeah. *embarrassed smile*
Me: *smile back* Yes, he's drinking milk.
Oldest: A baby doesn't drink blood! Not unless he's an evil baby.
Youngest: Babies aren't evil.
Middle: Well, he looks like he could be evil.
Me: *laugh* Really? I don't see any horns on his head.
Middle: But his face is like this. *scrunches brow and squints*
Me: It's pretty hard to see when the sun is shining.
Youngest: He needs a hat.
Middle: Here! *takes off his baseball cap and plops it over Cai's entire head*

I love boys. ♥

She wrote this on Facebook. I checked it with the boys after I read it. They denied nothing. David laughed and laughed last night when I showed him. Boys, and what goes on inside their heads!

5 comments:

Hippomanic Jen said...

That is so cute!

tokyophotoboy said...

Like.

Karen said...

I love it :)

Jamie Jo said...

That's hilarious. My first three were boys, and I wish I'd had friends to write out some of the hilarious things they said.

Shirley Corder said...

So funny Wendy. Thanks for sharing!