30 September, 2011

Celebrating with food

On Wednesday I had a lunch date with my husband. It was his birthday and a belated celebration of our wedding anniversary from the previous week.

As I pulled up on my bike outside the restaurant I found this. Lots of bikes, more to the point, Mamachari or "mum's chariots" everywhere. My guess was that there was a kindergarten mums class group gathered for lunch inside. It's something I've done myself. We didn't see them, because they were gathered in a private room inside, but you could see their shoes outside their room with lots of little ones to match the bikes outside.


Inside we enjoyed a lovely traditional meal and a peaceful hour together. Great way to celebrate 14 years of marriage and 40 years of living.


Tomorrow we'll have a different kind-of celebration. We've invited just a few friends to a Dessert Party at our house after dinner for David's birthday. I'm looking forward to it. I think it might be the first party I've ever thrown for my husband! After I sleep-in tomorrow morning (feeling very tired right now), I'll get down to making a few of our favourite desserts! Yum. Come back ?Sunday for some photos.

1 comment:

Betsy de Cruz said...

Happy celebrating! I love the picture of you and your husband at the restaurant.