08 July, 2011

Too exhausted to blog

The last two weeks have been huge. Physically we're exhausted, but I think relationally and emotionally too. We've introduced our friends to a lot of Japanese culture and sites, some of which we weren't familiar with ourselves. And just organising nine people, sorting out differences of opinion, making decisions and providing food for that many has been a challenge, a tiring one. An added challenge as been that two of our visitors were Aussie children who didn't view "trying new food and experiences" in quite the same adventurous light as their parents. Plus living in an already not-large house. Squeezing everyone in to our house has worked, but it is challenging most people's need of personal space and that is tiring.

I'm not feeling terribly positive right now, but probably exhaustion is the reason. So it is better that I don't write much just now so that I don't say things I regret later. After a bit more sleep and some space life will look a whole lot more rosy I'm sure.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Get some sleep, I'm sure you'll feel better then! Have missed you :)

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Hang in there Wendy! Like Karen said, get some sleep, give the boys a day or two or normal routine and you'll be able to think of all the really positive things that have happened during this visit. It's hard work hosting visitors, no matter how much you look forward to it and enjoy their company. You have to think twice about even the most every day tasks. I'm sure you've done a brilliant job of being hosts & that your visitors will have loads of great memories to take home. I've missed your posts but that just means I've got all that much more to look forward to as you write about your experiences over the last two weeks.