11 June, 2011

Rain fair/fare

I posted a couple weeks back about the challenges of choosing shoes in rainy weather. A few days later I discovered this "Rain Fare/Fair" I really don't know which word it is, as it isn't written in English. The top part of the sign says, "Enjoy rain day".


They had an impressive array of rain gear rain coats, umbrellas, and most importantly, shoes. An amazing variety of water-proof shoes. I snapped a few photos with my phone.

Interestingly it was aimed solely at women and children. No men's gear in sight.

I liked these. They don't look like they're made of plastic. Probably wouldn't survive a deep puddle, though, with that tongue.

Some nice looking shoes here.

Heels, in the rain? Very stylish if you have to go out in the wet.
Clever merchandising. I'm sure I'm not the only woman out there who feels challenged at times by the rain.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Wendy,
Did I tell you I tagged you in a book meme? Sorry if I already have, can't remember.

Cath

Wendy said...

No, Cath, you didn't but I saw it anyway. I'm just taking my time gathering my thoughts! I've read an awful lot of books in my time.