25 May, 2011

Strange English in Japan

It isn't hard to find strange English around in Japan. This morning I saw some medicine labelled "The Placenta". Huh?

Toilet paper packaging provides plenty of entertainment too. Here are some I've seen recently:
Blonde toilet paper?
And what does this mean?
Now the next one isn't strange English. But it is strange packaging. Actually I'm thankful for the English on it because I may have tried to buy it - it was next to the milk and (the milk is in the photo). There is something strange about water coming wrapped like this.

We heard this week that they've finally started a budget airline in Japan. But guess what they called the company? "Peach" and the decor is "a light shade of magenta". Maybe slightly better than the name "Virgin", but honestly, the plane looks like something Barbie and Ken would travel in!

But enough of that. I've got boys to put into bed.

No comments: