10 May, 2011

New haircut one week on

Last Monday I cut off a lot of hair, you might recall the photos. I bought some mousse and have been working on getting a little less fly-aways. It's worked fairly well and without a hair dryer most days. Here are some photos from Sunday.

But the things that has surprised me the most has been the number of "hair" conversations I've had in the last week with other missionaries. Not just - "I like your hair." but about their own struggles with their hair, hair dressers in Japan etc. 

Hair concerns most women to a greater or lesser degree. Missionary women are the same. Some have a very utitarian haircut that requires little time or money. Many dye their hair and have frequent cuts. Very few have permed hair in Japan. They are expensive and most of us are on fairly tight budgets.

However near "the edge of ordinary" we are, we do still have many very ordinary concerns!
Got those fly-aways almost under control, but I forgot to wear my glasses for the photo.

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

I can see you mum in you in that second photo! Sorry, but couldn't resist saying it. I've been getting it since my early 20s and even earlier so I thought I should share it round a bit.