23 May, 2011

The day finally came


I've been waiting for today since mid March. The day I could hold that magazine I put so much energy into. Today I finally could flip through those pages that lived in my imagination and then on my computer for weeks. To see it and hold it is very special.

My husband asked me if I read it on the train on the way home. I just laughed. I don't need to read it - I've read it a thousand times (slight exaggeration). I flipped through it, but don't feel the slightest inclination to read it again (I also might find more mistakes that slipped through. I've already spotted two.)

The process has taken far longer than I anticipated, but I am thankful that we do have a quality product to send out to people. 

And that I what I spent all my afternoon doing - helping package magazines up to send out to people. It is very satisfying to be helping at this practical end. It is also the natural conclusion to what I began back in mid-March. And it means that I've had a part in almost every single aspect of this magazine being produced (except printing). Wow, what a way to learn!

Our print run is about three times larger than usual. This is because we have a lot of people who took advantage of a special member's price and bought multiple copies. That also means that posting it out is more complicated than usual. We didn't get it finished this afternoon, so I'm going back in tomorrow to help the part-time office staff finish the process.

In the meantime I'm working on the next edition! Because the "Spring" edition is late out, it is running into the backend of the "Summer" edition. Ah, the fun. At least this time I know a whole lot more about how the whole process works.

But for tonight, I'm stuffed (US=exhausted). Time to head to bed.


3 comments:

Robyn said...

Congratulations Wendy! It looks like a job well done! Hope you have a completed sense of achievement!
Robyn

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Well done Wendy! Looking forward to reading it all. Amazing how God gives us opportunities to use things we enjoy doing, and the time to do it! Hope you get lots more positive feedback in the coming weeks.

Karen said...

Well done, it must be a great feeling! Hope there's lots of good feedback on it...and good luck with the next edition.