06 May, 2011

Coffee shop meetings

The last two days it feels like I've been hanging out at coffee shops. 

Yesterday morning my husband and I finally grabbed some daylight time to ourselves when we met for morning tea (aka 'coffee' - though I'm the only one who drinks the beverage) between classes for him. We met at Tully's an American coffee shop at our local train station.

Yesterday afternoon found me at Starbucks, one station away (or 20 min bike ride). I met with another mum from CAJ to talk about some mutual similarities in our child-rearing experiences. We've got a little plan in the works, but I cannot talk about it here. I'm excited, though.

This morning I wasn't at a coffee shop, but it was like being at one because my friend's husband made us coffee at their house. He works at a coffee shop. The coffee was yum and helped me to get over the early morning fog that I'm battling with this cold that dropped-in uninvited this week.

This afternoon I headed to Tully's again to meet with the Managing Editor of Japan Harvest. We did a kind-of debrief on the spring edition we sent to the printer today. Yay! A low-key celebration too, I guess. Then we jumped into talking about the upcoming summer edition as well as planning to work on some background editing issues that need resolving. 

So, that's it for coffee shops for the time being. Tomorrow I get to forsake a sleep-in and drive with my family to the other side of the metropolis. We'll sit in the rain (60% chance of showers) and cheer at appropriate times at our 11 y.o.'s track meet. Sound like fun? Really, the things you do as a parent! I'll take a thermos of coffee, that should help the journey. 

I do need to point out that I didn't drink any coffee at Starbucks yesterday, nor at Tully's today. I am an addict, but only to a very small amount. I usually only drink two half-caffeinated cups a day. The rest is all decaf. Still, I think that coffee shops are a pretty cool place to meet people. Especially when, like Japan Harvest, we have no office to meet in.

Anyone want to do coffee? I have some time free next week...

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Love to Wendy! Little bit far. I'll just have to make do with picking your folks up from the airport in about ten days time instead. Looking forward to having visitors even if they are not staying with me (they'll be just around the corner).