02 May, 2011

Bacon and eggs with a twist

One of our boys favourite meals at the moment is bacon and egg pies with damper. I've mentioned damper before, it is like a scone or soda bread. This time I took photos (before it was all snaffled up).

Damper, fresh out of the oven. Yum!
This is my favourite way to do eggs at the moment. I line each muffin holes with one bacon rasher cut into three and break the egg straight into the bacon-lined hole. Then bake it in the oven.
Last night the boys had a competition to see who could make the best face out of their meal. I think this one looks like he had a fight!
Which one do you think is the best?
Or the funniest?

5 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

Love how you do eggs in the muffin tray! Pity there's only one of me, cause I just can't quite justify it.

Wendy said...

Why not Karen? You can do any number.

Anonymous said...

Oliver votes for the 1st one...with the beans at the side.

Check out my facebook for some vids of our NZ trip! ~~ANG xo

-J said...

Yum! I love breakfast for dinner! My favorite is the third. Would love to know your damper recipe, or the link to an authentic recipe online.

Wendy said...

J - here's a link to a recipe that is almost the same as mine: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/12308/damper

Except I use half water and half milk for the liquid. Self-raising flour is simply ordinary cake flour with baking power added. About 1 teaspoon per cup.

Enjoy!