08 February, 2011

This is embarrassing

We received a booklet of number stories written by our 8 y.o. son and his classmates. The students have to solve the number stories for homework. It all sounded good until I got to this story:
"I punched 40 bully's and my little brother punched 10 bully's. My big brother puched 49 bully's. How many bully's did we punch in all?" (sic)
How shocking! 

And then I looked at the name of the author - even more shocking, this was my son's contribution! While other stories were about cookies, apples and soccer goals, my son chooses to write about punching bullies? And then it gets photocopied and sent around to all the families in the class. Ouch. 

I guess at least he is anti-bullying. But anti-violence? Maybe not. By the way this kid is generally so well behaved at school that I rarely hear a bad word about him. Wish I could say the same about his behaviour at home. But I've never seen him punch anyone!

His teacher sometimes reads this blog. Be assured Jean, I'll recover.


No comments: