07 February, 2011

A blessing from illness

I've just finished three days of at-home-ness. And I'm feeling pretty rested. After an exceptionally emotional six weeks or so, I didn't realise how tired I've become. It's been like dragging a sack of rocks around behind me.

On Friday my youngest vomited before breakfast, so that was the end of any plans I had for doing stuff outside the house. My older two walk to school on their own, so I didn't even leave the house during the day on Friday (except to fill the kerosene tank of the heater). I did get a lot of my To Do list done, and that was very satisfying. My son wasn't very demanding and only threw up twice in containers, so it wasn't a difficult assignment to play nurse on Friday. In the evening I did take the two older ones and some food to our eldest's basketball break-up party, but that was fairly relaxed.

On Saturday and Sunday my husband had a professional development workshop (robotics - he is a maths/science teacher). Thankfully it was in Tokyo, so he was home by the evening meal. The rest of us didn't really feel like leaving the house, we've all been pretty busy, but especially my 11 y.o. So, I dashed out to run a short errand at lunch time and then walked with the younger two across the road (literally) to their 3pm swimming lesson. And that was it for outside activity on Saturday. Oh, and my youngest was begging me for food, so he appeared to be better from whatever plagued him on Friday.

On Sunday the boys and I were finishing up breakfast, getting geared up to head off to church when my youngest suddenly complained of tummy pain and rushed off to the toilet. He ended up back on the couch with tears dripping off his nose. I had to make a quick decision about church and decided to stay home, anything else was just too complicated. So, we stayed quietly at home for Sunday too. Except from 11.30-12.30 when we went down to the school sports field to burn off some energy. My youngest's tummy was fine by then, it seemed (though he continues to struggle to eat normal amounts and his poos are sloppy, however perhaps that is in the TMI - too much information - category).

So today I find myself unusually rested. It wasn't too hard to get out of bed (not perishingly cold today either). I even got my 5 y.o. to school before the warning bell. 

A blessing out of illness!

No comments: