06 December, 2010

Goodies from home

Today I had some TimTams and recently we've received four small parcels from friends. Here are some of the goodies included:

Yum, yum!! A few small gifts (that cost too much to send) have made our December very special. We feel loved!

Those things combined with lots of Christmas music, books and videos and oodles of decorations are making us feel we're getting into the groove of Christmas. 

Reggie is so cute!
At least the superficial groove. The deeper groove is harder to find in the midst of the busyness of life and a young, lively family. 

We went to a concert on Friday night. Beautiful music that I appreciated on the surface, but it was hard to go deeper into the meaning when I had to be concerned about the eight year old next to me who hasn't learned how to whisper yet (strangely enough he is whisper-reading next to me right now, why couldn't he do it at a concert?). And a five year old who was asking the time only 15 minutes into a 90 minute programme. Well, we made it through, superficially, at least. The days for music appreciation and worship stemming from beautiful music are still ahead of us. Better than the last time we went to this concert - five years ago - we were kicked out!

But for now, I'll nibble on my musk sticks, sip my cup-a-soup and savour my Cadbury chocolate and enjoy the knowledge we are loved.

No comments: