07 October, 2010

Japan photo #6 solved


No one correctly guessed what this useful item is.

Can you guess from the other photos?



That's right. It is a hanging thingy (can't think of a better name). Something that enables you to hang stuff in a doorway. I use it when I'm hanging up the laundry before I take those wonderful plastic hanger things outside. And then I can remove it to shut the door while I have a shower. Amazing. And all for 100 yen ($AU 1.22). I saw a different version today that was a bit more expensive. It looked like the top part of a stethoscope.

When space is an issue, it is amazing how inventive you can become. Japanese are fantastic in this regard.

3 comments:

Shirley Corder said...

This is such fun, Wendy. Thanks for the exercise. More?

Catherine said...

I'm relieved. I just couldn't get past the idea of something gynaecological!

Footprints Australia said...

Oh man, I have got to get me one of them!