05 September, 2010

Photos from Hong Kong


I promised some photos upon my return to Japan. Here is the view from my room - day and night. I hoped all week the sky would clear, but the smog only got worse and on the last day we couldn't see the mountains because it was raining. Still, not a bad view considering we were in youth camp accommodation.
Breakthrough Youth Village. Our accommodation for the week. It was very comfortable but not too grand. The water heater in the bathroom, for example, heated the water in waves. From very hot to not at all.


 Here is part of the campsite, outside the dining room. Day and night.







And here is where we spent most of our days. Writing or being taught about writing or listening to other's writing.


On the ferry with fellow Aussie, Christine Dillion.
From the ferry on Hong Kong harbour.
From Victoria point looking over a portion of Hong Kong. To get here we drove, in a double-decker bus, up a scary road - hair pin turns and at times on the edge of plunging cliffs.
From the top front of a double decker bus we saw just a tiny bit more than we wanted to of down-town Hong Kong traffic.

A beautiful fountain on our way from the bus to the ferry.
My humble room. Comfortable and quiet. I am thankful for the break away. It is, however, good to be home in Tokyo with my husband and noisy, rambunctious boys.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love Hong Kong! We were there last February and I am dying to go back. The harbor was amazing. We also went up Victoria's Peak, but by tram. It was cold and windy at the top and we couldn't see much. We still enjoyed it!

Dave said...

Thanks for the photos and updates :)
Did you end up catching the MTR or KCR trains anywhere? I've been to HK a few times to work on the control system. Brings back memories seeing the pics. I mostly saw HK at night due to having to work in non-traffic hours (12am-4am).

Wendy said...

No, didn't end up catching trains anywhere. Buses took me where I needed to go and at a cheaper rate. How busy is HK at 12-4am. It was like Japan for me - busier at 10.30pm than at 8pm!