18 September, 2010

Another birthday



Well it's been another hectic day. Our middle son turned eight today. Here's his cake.

Birthdays have different meaning for Mums. I can only imagine what life would have been like without this persistent, spirited, passionate boy. A lot of the more challenging moments in my life in the last eight years have directly related to the existence of this one child. I've gained a number of great stories just from him!

If he and I can make it through to the end of his childhood, I'm sure he's going to make a solid, passionate contribution to whatever he chooses to do with his life. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be.

But for tonight, I am just glad to have made it through another birthday-day. They are always preceded by the angst of anticipation in our house. We can now all relax for another few months until December arrives.

2 comments:

KarenKTeachCamb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

Yup, imitation ones anyway. He selected the decorations himself. But ask him to do anything about a live mini-beast in our house - not on your life!