14 August, 2010

Sore legs

Today we went to the same park we visited two days ago. We took our new friends and this time we went prepared with a change of clothes. The park has a delightful flowing water-course (man-made, but nature-like). They got wet, very wet.

After a good long play we went to the aviation museum and ate lunch at their all-you-can-eat small restaurant. Very yummy. It was quite reasonably priced, even if we had to wait half an hour to gain entry. We got our money's worth, though. And now I don't have to cook a main meal this evening. Bread with peanut butter, Vegemite etc. will suffice.

Refuelled, we took on the museum. We've been there several times, so much was familiar. But it is still fun! There are lots of hands-on things. Planes and helicopters to climb in and out of and this time, even a pilots hat and blazer to try on.

We made it home without anyone throwing themselves in front of a train (highly possible when our boys get tired and silly) and had some quiet time. I lay down.

I've been finding my legs are getting sore too quickly at the moment. I've blamed it on the heat and my low-sodium diet. But suddenly realised today that it is probably also because I haven't been to the gym since June. Some people go to the gym to lose weight or tone up. I go to maintain my stamina. (The toning is good too!) When I don't, I get tired too quickly and can't keep up with my energetic family.

Too much is going on in the next three weeks for me to conceivably start going again. I'm aiming for the week after I get back from Hong Kong. In the meantime, maybe I could try doing more stairs or something. Actually exercise in non-air-conditioning is not very attractive at present. I don't like swimming, but maybe...

No comments: