28 August, 2010

Feeling nervous

Tomorrow morning I travel alone to Hong Kong for a week-long OMF sponsored Writing Workshop. Strangely enough I am more nervous about the travel than the workshop! This is tomorrow:

5.26am I catch a train for three stops
5.40 Catch a bus direct to the airport

10.10am Fly out of Tokyo direct to Hong Kong
1.35 pm (Hong Kong time) arrive.
Catch the A41P bus from the airport to Shatin Hospital stop
Hopefully there will be someone waiting at the stop when I get there who'll help me catch the mini-bus up the hill to the site of our workshop.

Believe it or not, it was the first two of these that caused me pain at about 3am this morning. I had a dream in which I woke up tomorrow at 5.30 - too late to catch the train . . . and it all deteriorated from there. Catastrophising about anything and everything that could go wrong. Until I ended up in the little room with rumbling insides.

I'm praying that I'll sleep better tonight. At least I'll be able to get up early and get on with it. I hate nerves like this. They take over your body and mind. They get out of control and I hate feeling out of control of myself.

I'm sure that once I'm in that bus and even more, waiting to get into the plane, I'll be fine. If only I could skip these waiting hours.

No comments: